Thursday, March 1, 2012

First Date



First Date oil on canvas 8 x 10

Here’s another painting I was having trouble naming so again I put it out there, title-less on Facebook to see if anyone had a spark of creative word play. And sure enough my friend Karen came back with something so clever and new to me. She called it Margherita which means daisy in italian ( I didn’t know that) and lots of pizza places serve Margherita pizza which is also a type of tomato... wha-la what a great name! So how did I arrive at First Date you say?
My next post in response to Karen’s clever name was...
Linda Santelle Marino The two young tomatoes met at their favorite pizza place, ordered a margherita pie for two. He surprised her with a handful of freshly picked daisies... She smiled and sweetly kisses him on the cheek.
and Karen’s response:
Karen Aldo Brown ‎"First Date"
So there you have it.... “ First Date”

No comments:

Post a Comment