Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lilies and Melon


I was so excited how yesterday’s painting turned out I thought I would stick with the lilies until they withered. And boy do they smell so delightful coupled with the very ripened melon... I wish you were here so you too could enjoy this heavenly aroma!
Lilies and Melon, oil on canvas 12 x 12



As you can see in the small study and the watercolor sketch I include a white coffee cup. At the time I thought it made a lovely arrangement but I’m glad I left it out of the larger painting.
I’m looking forward to this weekend’s Easter Celebration with my family and attending church services. Easter has always been a favorite holiday since I was a little girl. Even though I still love coloring eggs, making easter baskets and chocolate bunnies... Easter is a time of celebration like no other. I’m so thankful that I can demonstrate the love and joy in my heart for a God who loves me... and I do it with a brush, tubes of colorful paint and canvas! 


1 comment:

  1. Love your paintings with fresh colors and loose style. Came over from your comments on DPW. (Thank you!)
    Happy to find your work. I am now a follower

    ReplyDelete