Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lilies and Limes


I purchased these lilies on Monday and it was quite the challenge to keep them away from my cat Jac! He just loves flowers and he’d follow me around the house hoping I’ll place the bouquet down on a counter he could reach. I purchases these at Trader Joe’s in West Hartford. I love their flowers... always fresh and very reasonably priced. 




Lilies and Limes, oil on canvas 12 x 12


It wasn’t until today that I found the perfect vase to display them in. I spotted this glass pitcher in a consignment shop called New to U Consignment in Wallingford. 
The Daily Paintwork’s Challenge this week is Easter and I really wanted to enter the challenge. Although I’m not sure what limes have to do with Easter. I like they way they balanced out the composition and the colors complimented each other.



from my sketchbook
 
a quick study     

No comments:

Post a Comment